medium text sizelarge text sizelarge text and high contrast

This site uses cookies. Find out more.

For homeowners

If you are worried about mortgage repayments, or if you are in mortgage arrears, this section sets out the options and supports in place to help you stay in your home.

Follow @citizensinfo on Twitter


May 2015

The Government has agreed new measures to support mortgage holders who are in arrears, including measures in relation to insolvency, the mortgage-to-rent scheme and the Money Advice and Budgeting Service (MABS).

For tenants

If you are having trouble paying your rent, this section sets out how to access the Rent Supplement payment and other supports for tenants.

Problem debt

In this section you can find information on debt generally, including information on debt collection, credit ratings and insolvency options.

If you face losing your home

If you are concerned that you might lose your home, this section describes how housing associations work and how to access local authority housing.